Sunday, June 13, 2010

IGHR here i am

After about 5 hours of driving from Columbia to Birmingham I arrived at Samford University for the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research. My course on Reconstruction and Slave Records starts Monday. Today was registration. Everything went smoothly: found the room, wireless is working and the car is parked.

This week I will be making daily posts focusing on each day's highlights. Today was already auspicious since I met Michael Hait in the "fix my laptop" line. Google Michael he is all over the Internet. I recognized his name right away.

Also, you might take a moment to check the require reading for the courses this week. I thought they were interesting. You might find something you can use for your research. The link is above.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: