Saturday, March 1, 2008

igoogle

Okay, so this may be an unusual post for a genealogy blog but I love igoogle so much that I have to give it a plug. igoogle allows me to have a personal homepage through google. The site provides tabs for the diffent applications that I want to use. I have a personal tab, a book tab and a genealogy tab. Each site has different applications or gadgets based on the subject of the tab that can be added to the page. It is very similar to facebook. According to Wikipedia: "Desktop gadgets are interactive mini-applications that can be placed anywhere on the user's desktop – or docked in the Sidebar – to show new email, weather, photos, and personalized news." So my personal tab includes applications to my gmail account, running calculators , favorite tv show applications, and wikipedia. My genealogy tab has gadgets to Ancestry, Library of Congress, Eastman's Newsletter, and several others. It is one stop shopping for all the sites that I visit and use.

No comments: